Everyone who agrees with our demands is welcome to get involved!
Committees & Ad Hoc Initiatives
To find out which committees, initiatives and mobilizations are seeking new people and how to join them, please call or email us. Let us know which committee(s) or activity you’d be interested in joining.
Currently, there are six committees and several ad hoc initiatives working within the Solidarity Across Borders structure around specific goals and agendas:
- Collective Education sans frontières works to ensure that children whose parents have precarious immigration status are still able to attend school.
- Shelters, Not Borders works toward securing access to shelters for all women regardless of their immigration status. This committee is only open to women-identified people.
- Healthcare For All aims to ensure that all people, regardless of their immigration status, can access quality, confidential, and affordable health care.
- Media Committee prepares tools to support all members of SAB and migrants to speak to the media. Tools include a skillshare workshop, talking points, backgrounders, and more.
- Solidarity City Committee, working in collaboration with the other Solidarity City committees, promotes Solidarity City via outreach to other organizations to sign on and implement our Solidarity City Declaration, conferences, and direct resistance to Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) enforcement.
- Support Committee directly supports individuals and families facing the immigration system; organizing monthly Mutual Aid Nights, public campaigns, accompanying people through bureaucracy, and sharing resources. This committee is only open to people who are already involved in Solidarity Across Borders.
- Food for All project organizes monthly food deliveries.
- Housing initiative helps find accessible housing for people without status.
- General mobilizations: Solidarity Across Borders also organizes general mobilizations, such as the annual Status for All march in spring and early summer and the Refugees Welcome/Open the Borders rallies that took place in fall 2015.
Helping Out from Time to Time
If you want to help out from time to time, let us know and we’ll add you to a list of volunteers.
Email or call and let us know what you would like to help with:
- preparing food
- general help during events (set up, clean up, etc)
- translating or whisper interpretation (let us know what languages)
- production of short videos
- lay out / document design
- creation of art for mobilisations
- live music or Djing for our events
New Members’ Orientations
SAB holds four New Members’ Orientations a year, to talk about what we do, why we do it, how we work together and to share our history. Attending a New Members’ Orientation is a great way to start to get involved.
New Members’ Meetings are announced on our website, email announcement list, and by facebook. You can also email or call to find out when the next one is.
Stay in Touch
To be added to our email announcements list, email us at email@example.com.