Thursday, November 10 at 11 AM
Zoom : to register, click here
As the federal government plans a mass regularization programme for undocumented migrants in Canada, Solidarity Across Borders is holding a webinar to provide a better understanding of the issues involved.
David Moffette, Associate Professor in the Department of Criminology at the University of Ottawa, who studies the impacts of immigration policies in Canada and Spain.
Annick Legault, President of the Migrant Justice Clinic (MJC), refugee rights lawyer for almost 20 years and research consultant for Université de Montréal
Hady Anne, spokesperson for Solidarity Across Borders. Solidarity Across Borders is a Montreal-based network of undocumented migrants and supporters who have worked together for status for all for more than 20 years.
Samira Jasmin, undocumented activist
The webinar will address questions such as:
- How do people become undocumented?
- How does this issue relate to Roxham Road?
- How have European countries managed regularization programmes in recent years?
- What is the difference between a regularization programme for undocumented migrants and a programme to give permanent residence to migrants with temporary status?
- Has Canada had regularization programmes in the past?
- Will this programme apply in Quebec?
Journalists are invited to join the webinar, listen to experts on the issues and pose their questions. The webinaire will take place in French, but questions in English are welcome.