Demonstration at the Quebec-US Border
Saturday, September 30, 10am – 5pm
At the Lacolle Border Crossing, south of Montreal
Please consult www.solidarityacrossborders.
Facebook event: www.facebook.com/events/
DOWNLOADS (posters and flyers): www.solidarityacrossborders.
UPDATE: Deadline for bus reservations extended until 10pm tonite (Friday, September 29)! Due to the number of reservations we’ve received, we’ve booked an extra bus! We can extend our deadline to reserve a space on our buses to 10pm this evening (but book as soon as possible as we will close reservations once we have filled the bus). E-mail email@example.com to reserve, mentioning, if applicable, any friends or contacts you know who are also attending the demo. See you Saturday at the border (Lacolle).
– Buses and cars leaving from Montreal at 8:30am sharp. Get in touch for departure details.
– We encourage the large-scale participation of all who support migrants and refugees and oppose racism.
– We encourage parents and caregivers to get in touch (solidaritesansfrontieres@
– We will have food, drinks and snacks available throughout the day.
– Activities planned for the day include: music, teach-in, hockey & soccer, art, Kids Zone, and more!
– To DONATE to this effort (via cheque, paypal or e-transfer) please visit www.solidarityacrossborders.
– If you can DRIVE or lend a car to get to the border, please get in touch: solidaritesansfrontieres@
– Help MOBILIZE for this demonstration! Contact us at solidaritesansfrontieres@
Welcome Migrants and Refugees! Say no to racists!This demonstration at the border will express support and solidarity with recent refugee arrivals, with the clear message: Welcome Migrants and Refugees! Say no to racists! We encourage the participation of all who support migrant justice and seek to oppose the far right.We also demonstrate to reject the racist discourse that contrasts migrants with the homeless and poor already living in Quebec. We call for a linking of the struggles of all oppressed, poor and working class people against the rich and privileged. Instead of blaming migrants for exercising valid choices, we focus on opposing and resisting systems of oppression, specifically colonialism, patriarchy, racism, and capitalism.We campaign to build a Solidarity City, the creation of a community that rejects a system that engenders poverty and anguish, not solely for immigrants and refugees, but also for others confronting these same realities. We support open borders and the free movement of people seeking justice and dignity, meaning freedom to move, freedom to return, and the freedom to stay.Racists and Fascists: No Pasaran!
The Storm Alliance, a far-right, racist, anti-immigrant organization, has called a demonstration in the vicinity of the Lacolle border crossing on September 30. Far-right groups deserve no platform to promote their racist agenda. We call on anti-fascists and anti-racists from all over Montreal and Quebec to mobilize to join us at the border, to send a clear message against racism and the far right, and to keep the racists far away from intimidating migrants who are staying temporarily at the refugee camp at the Lacolle border crossing.
-> Why are people crossing irregularly into Canada? & Anti-colonial Statement: www.solidarityacrossborders.
-> What is the Storm Alliance: https://montreal-antifasciste.